Female Characters do not exist as a way to create pain for male ones.
I hate how no one even mentions Rumiko in the comics anymore. She really should have been there when Tony had his whole brain deletion thing. Something, other than his parents, should have brought him back from limbo, or wherever he was hanging around when he was “dying”.
Like, she was such a big part of Tony’s life in v3.
WHY DID SHE GET THE SHORT END OF THE STICK AND BASICALLY DISAPPEARED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH.
Mako Mori - Pacific Rim (2013)
When you say normally, “and there is a young Japanese girl pilot,” you imagine a sexy, skimpily clad girl that has her T-shirt wet every five minutes… I wanted very much to have a character that ended the movie on equal terms with Raleigh and that they didn’t have to have a love story, they could have a colleague love story with respect for each other. And have the capacity to have a moving backstory. Rinko is an extraordinary actor and she’s incredibly intuitive and very brave… I didn’t want her to be the girl that turns into a sex object or a guy. Which is the normal thing in an action movie.
- Guillermo del Toro (x)
I’m a Morrigan fan, but I understand why people dislike her. She wasn’t designed to be universally loved. She can be a bitch, and that’s a fact. Calling people misogynistic just because they’re upset about the idea of Morrigan having sex with their boyfriend (Alistair) is unfair, because nobody…
I don’t understand why people don’t seem to read the responses and instead assume it’s about whether we’re ‘allowed’ to like or dislike a character.
You’re allowed to like or dislike a character, there’s no law against you doing so. You’re allowed to tag it, it’s not a crime.
You’re allowed to have your opinion, and others are allowed to disagree with it. Others are allowed to find your opinion and your posts problematic.
Having an opinion does not give you immunity against being disagreed with or criticised.
Adding to that, the original post you’re referring to was misogynistic.
- No, it’s not…*exactly* misogynistic to have a warden who doesn’t want Morrigan to have sex with Alistair (though it is pretty ungrateful, she’s offering to save your damn life after all)
- It’s misogynistic to call her a bitch. That’s a word reserved for female dogs. Human women are not animals (and don’t tell me it’s ‘just a word’, because connotation matters).
- It’s misogynistic to create a photoset of three female characters and talk about wanting to ‘slap a ho’.
- It’s misogynistic to call or otherwise imply Morrigan is a whore who is out to steal your man.
I’ve already talked about this on my own blog but I will reiterate:
- Morrigan doesn’t like Alistair. SHE. DOESN’T. LIKE. HIM. That is established throughout the entire game.
- Morrigan is offering to save your life.
- Morrigan makes this offer to any male Grey Warden available. if you were a male Warden she offers this to you. If Loghain was recruited, she offers this to Loghain.
- You don’t have to take this offer. It’s an offer, nothing more. You can refuse.So no, we won’t get over it, and expressing disgust and dislike of a hugely problematic post is not ‘attacking’ someone.
what i mean when i call a character perfect is “wow look at how flawed you are, how broken and three dimensional and well written. look how much of a disaster you are and how you are constantly torn between right and wrong and you make so many mistakes along the way wow look how human you are”
so basically when i say they are perfect what i mean is thank god they aren’t
if someone’s happy doing their strange weird thing and they’re not hurting anybody then that’s really awesome and you should just let them be and maybe even be glad for them
so many people are scared shitless to show anybody what makes them happy or excited because there are so many people eager to point and laugh
So after that reference in CM today can we get a War Machine (or Iron Patriot if that’s what he’s going by now) team-up issue? Where Rhodey and Carol talk planes and oops he ends up shirtless?
Whoops I vaporized your shirt
all I know is I need this and I need the war machine armor to malfunction so carol has to carry rhodey to safety
I mean what
Pepper deriding being a secretary, too, saying stuff like, “You have me confused with Tony Stark’s secretary!” when she struck a badass pose.
You know what?
I remember that time a villain called to threaten the world and Tony Stark’s secretary told him to try again during business hours.
I remember the time Blizzard took a building hostage and defeated Iron Man, so Tony Stark’s secretary ran into the building and saved him.
Tony Stark’s secretary was a badass and I liked her a lot more than that lady who poses, quips and gets her ass kicked.