A few weeks ago I sat down and worked out which tattoos correspond to which gods in the Elven Pantheon. There’s actually enough lore out there to do this with a reasonable amount of certainty.
- Andruil: Bow to represent Goddess of the Hunt
- Dirthamen: Book to represent where the Dalish keep their secrets/lore.
- Elgar’nan: Cracked earth and dark/light. Duality theme from legend.
- Falon’din: Same general shape of Falon’din’s statues. Less organic than the other tattoos; Falon’din is the God of the Dead.
- Ghilain’nain: Mother of the Halla. These are obviously halla horns.
- June: God of the Craft. Brought woodworking to the Dalish. In return the Dalish emblazoned the most basic tools of the trade across their FACE. Awesome.
- Mythal: Tree. Mythal returned life to the world after Elgarn’nan fought with the sun. Mythal’s flame is kept near the Tree of the People in the center of Alienages. Lingering scrap of Elven culture? Single trees are planted over dead bodies. Life from death.
- Sylaise: Hearthkeeper. Gave fire to the Dalish. Can clearly see a torch in the tattoo. Also vines/rope, other marks of Sylaise, and thread/cloth detail on the complex version.
Fen’Harel and the Forgotten Ones have no vallaslin. Shocking.
This breakdown works for me. Reblogging for reference.